Skip to main content

I am ME..

As usual, sitting with a group of women in the park, in the evening, watching over our kids. One of the ladies in the group had a baby recently - second child. So, we were all coo-cooing over the lil bundle. And the usual, list of do's and don'ts followed. 

The lady who had recently delivered said "Now I feel complete, as I am a Mother, twice lucky". And, yes there were emphatic agreements. I just watched and smiled, and returned home.

I got busy with my evening routine of, checking the homework, giving dinner to my son, and settling him for the night later. 

Since the husband was travelling, I had the time to myself after my son slept. The lines boomeranged, and I didn't quite agree. (Of course, to each his own, is my mantra in life). I started thinking. 

I did not have a child because I felt 'incomplete' in any way. I did not get married so that somebody could 'complete' me.  

Motherhood is just an extension of me, it's not my definition. Being a wife, is also an extension of me, not my identity. 

A woman is multi -dimensional, playing all roles with elan. 

 Woman - GOD spent time making this beautiful creature after he created ADAM (MAN), so actually, he felt that the MAN was incomplete, and he brought in this creature to complete the MAN, not the other way around. (Not being feminist here).

For the impatient man, there was a woman who's virtue was patience.

For the disorganized man, there was an organized woman, who took care of his things.

For the hungry man, there was a woman, who with her culinary skills, cooked to satiate.

For the lovelorn man, there was a woman, who held his hand, and surrendered herself.

Who am I? That will be decided by me, not by a puny little fella who walked into my life, after breathing inside me for 9 months. If I had not decided to keep him inside me, would he have seen the world outside? That is the strength of a woman. Life depends in her hands. Not in the hands of someone who married her, not in the hands of someone who came out of her. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Between then and now...

My last post was on 16th March 2015, and I haven't visited this space since then... Lot of things happened between then and now.. March 25th 2015, we finally got the possession of the villa, we had been rooting for. The previous owner was a complete jerk, he put us through an ordeal. But as they say, when you really want something, the universe conspires to get it for you. I desired that house, which is now my beautiful home. Even before, we signed the papers, I had visualized the decor of this house...my house, my home! I was happy with my previous villa too, it was enough for the 4 of us, but, hey, dreams are not in your control, fulfilling them definitely is. My husband made it happen. He just went after the guy to get this for us. The whole of April and May was spent in doing up the house. The woodwork, the furniture, drapes etc... Everything had to be coordinated. Though am still not happy with the colour of the curtains.. Looking around to find the right one. Then came t

short story..

Rohan checked his reflection in the mirror, clean shaven he was a dapper tonight, he smiled. His thoughts were interrupted by the sales lady, "Sir, your item is ready, it will be 25000/. Would you be paying by cash or card?" "Card", he said. He collected his packet and got into his car, waiting at the signal, he glided his hand on the velvet case. "She is gonna love it", he said it aloud in the privacy of his sedan.  He was dying to be in her arms tonight, and hear those magical words. He laughed, for thinking like a teenager. Nisha's intercom beeped, the guard informed her of Rohan's arrival. she checked herself for one last time in the mirror, sprayed her chanel, and went to the door. Rohan walked in with a bunch of flowers, and gave her the velvet box. A beautiful diamond studded pendant with a gold chain. She blushed, as he offered to string it around her neck, his hand brushed her bare shoulders, she shivered. She looked in his eyes, as he car

2013 it will be..

I was having my coffee in the morning as usual, when I saw the caption 'time flies'. That set me thinking. Checked the date, and couldn't believe that there were just 5 days left for 2012 to end. Phew!  Well, it's cliched, because every year, I say the same thing. I desperately wanted 2011, to end slowly, as the arrival of 2012 meant that I would have to leave Bangalore, but obviously, we do not have control over time. So 2012 came, I moved, and I am still settling in so to say, and now it's time to welcome another year. Thank God for surviving one more year. This is one prayer that I always say every year. New Year, new beginnings, so I guess I have to wait and watch what 2013 has in store for me. In the meanwhile, I will draw up my list of resolutions - that is a ritual, and I love to do it every year. I do not stick to the list, so this time, losing weight is definitely NOT there, though I still have to work on my water intake. I am worse than a camel when it com